Pak World - The Home of Online Pakistani Entertainment!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worcestershire Wants Munaf, But Where Is He??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Worcestershire Wants Munaf, But Where Is He?? Empty
PostSubject: Worcestershire Wants Munaf, But Where Is He??   Worcestershire Wants Munaf, But Where Is He?? Default12Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:51 pm

Worcestershire County Cricket Club (WCCC) is more than keen on signing India’s discarded pace bowler Munaf Patel. But the club is facing a major problem: it’s unable to contact him.

Worcs want Munaf to join them in the second week of August, said their skipper Vikram Solanki, but he is yet to speak to the bowler. Last season, Zaheer Khan played for the county and ended up as the highest wicket-taker among pacemen. Solanki tried to get Munaf’s number from the Indian team currently in England, but no one had it. Finally, Solanki got through to Munaf’s manager in Kolkata on Friday night. But Solanki wants to talk to Munaf and has left two messages for the right-armer to get back to him.

"Here we are trying to establish a relationship. I want to talk to him because there are certain things as captain I would like to discuss. I also want to know how fit he is," Solanki told TOI from London.

Solanki cited the example of Zaheer. "Before he signed up with us, I told him what our expectations were. That helped a lot. Munaf is a talented bowler who too can be an asset for us," added Solanki.

Munaf has now been training at the Pace Foundation in Chennai and is working his way back from a back injury which has forced him out of the Indian team.
Back to top Go down

Worcestershire Wants Munaf, But Where Is He??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pak World - The Home of Online Pakistani Entertainment! :: The Cricket Zone :: World Cricket News & Discussion-
Jump to: