Pak World - The Home of Online Pakistani Entertainment!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jonty Rhodes Shows Interest In ICL

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Jonty Rhodes Shows Interest In ICL Empty
PostSubject: Jonty Rhodes Shows Interest In ICL   Jonty Rhodes Shows Interest In ICL Default12Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:53 pm

Jonty Rhodes is the latest big name to have shown more than a passing interest in the recently-floated Indian Cricket League (ICL).

Rhodes however couched his interest by saying that he has doubts whether ICL will see him as a prospective candidate. “I haven’t played cricket for a long time, so obviously, it would depend ... I don’t think that the guys (ICL) are going to be knocking at my door,” he said.

By giving a guarded response, Rhodes seems to be avoiding a possible conflict with the South African board, similar to what is feared by Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath from the Australian board.

“I have a contract with Cricket South Africa (CSA). And Cricket South Africa’s CEO Gerald Majola has said that he doesn’t want South African cricket players to be going and playing anywhere,” Rhodes added.

The ICL is a Twenty20 series proposed to be held around October in India featuring six teams comprising four international players and two Indian stars, with the rest made up of younger players.

It has already signed on Brian Lara and are reportedly in talks with Warne and McGrath. Stephen Fleming was reportedly considering an ICL offer while Damien Martyn and Justin Langer have declined to join the league.
Back to top Go down

Jonty Rhodes Shows Interest In ICL
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pak World - The Home of Online Pakistani Entertainment! :: The Cricket Zone :: World Cricket News & Discussion-
Jump to: