Pak World - The Home of Online Pakistani Entertainment!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sreesanth Fined 50% Match Fee For ICC Code of Conduct Breach

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Sreesanth Fined 50% Match Fee For ICC Code of Conduct Breach Empty
PostSubject: Sreesanth Fined 50% Match Fee For ICC Code of Conduct Breach   Sreesanth Fined 50% Match Fee For ICC Code of Conduct Breach Default12Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:57 pm

India player Shanthakumaran Sreesanth has been fined 50 per cent of his match fee for breaching the ICC Code of Conduct during his side’s Test against England at Trent Bridge.

Sreesanth plead guilty to a Level 2 offence in a hearing convened by Emirates Elite Panel ICC Match Referee Ranjan Madugalle after play concluded in Nottingham on Monday.

The player accepted he breached clause 2.4 of the ICC Code of Conduct which relates to “inappropriate and deliberate physical contact between players in the course of play.”

Sreesanth was charged after shouldering England captain Michael Vaughan during the first session of play on the fourth day.

Explaining his decision, Mr Madugalle said: “Cricket is a non-contact sport and any deviation from that fact is completely unacceptable, a point I made to Sreesanth in handing down my verdict.

“I have no problem with players being combative on the field but there is a line they cannot cross and Sreesanth crossed that line when he barged past Michael Vaughan, a collision he had every opportunity to avoid.

“I am pleased that Sreesanth accepted he was in the wrong by pleading guilty and that he apologized for his actions and I hope he learns from his mistake here.”

Level 2 breaches of the ICC Code of Conduct carry a minimum penalty of a fine of 50 per cent of a player's match fee up to a fine of all that fee and/or a one Test match or two ODI ban.

A player does have a right of appeal in the case of Level 2, 3 and 4 offences. Such an appeal must be lodged in writing with the ICC's Legal Counsel within 24 hours of the decision being handed down.

The charges were brought by on-field umpires Simon Taufel and Ian Howell, third umpire Nigel Llong and fourth official Neil Mallender and all four umpires attended the hearing.

Also present, in addition to Sreesanth, were India manager Chandu Borde and captain Rahul Dravid, and video evidence was used.
Back to top Go down

Sreesanth Fined 50% Match Fee For ICC Code of Conduct Breach
Page 1 of 1