Pak World - The Home of Online Pakistani Entertainment!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm in my best shape ever: Shoaib v

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-07-01

I'm in my best shape ever: Shoaib v Empty
PostSubject: I'm in my best shape ever: Shoaib v   I'm in my best shape ever: Shoaib v Default12Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:25 am

Pakistan's injury-prone fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has set his sights on lasting out the forthcoming Test series against South Africa, India and Australia.

Shoaib left with the Pakistan squad on Wednesday for Glasgow where they play two one-day games against Scotland and India next week. He was selected having played just one Test and four ODIs since February last year after an array of knee, hamstring and groin problems. He also tested positive in an out-of-competition dope test carried out by the Pakistan Cricket Board in 2006 before being cleared on appeal.

"It is never easy coming back from a prolonged lay-off due to fitness issues," Shoaib told reporters before the team's departure. "But I am feeling the best I have in my entire career. I see this chance as a new start for me and a chance to end my playing days in a creditable manner," he said.

The 31-year old, who has taken 169 Test and 208 one-day wickets, said his target was now to remain fit for the coming Test series. "This is one of the biggest international cricket seasons for Pakistan. We play three of the best teams in the world and I want to be part of it all," said Shoaib.

Pakistan host South Africa for two Tests and five one-dayers in October and then tour India in November and December for three Tests and five one-day matches. Early next year they host the Australians.

"I want to be recognised for my performances and I don't think you can get better opposition to do that than against these three teams."

Team manager and interim coach Talat Ali said efforts would be made to nurse Shoaib through a hectic and tough season. "He has come back after a long while and we will not try to overburden him although he is our main bowler. Our other bowlers are good as well."

I'm in my best shape ever: Shoaib v
Page 1 of 1