Pak World - The Home of Online Pakistani Entertainment!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trescothick Out of England Tours!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Trescothick Out of England Tours! Empty
PostSubject: Trescothick Out of England Tours!   Trescothick Out of England Tours! Default12Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:41 pm

Somerset opener Marcus Trescothick has ruled himself out of contention to play on England's winter tours this year.
He is not ready to return following a stress-related illness and misses the ICC World Twenty20 Cup in South Africa and trips to Sri Lanka and New Zealand.
"I recently informed the selectors that I was happy to be included in the 30-man squad for the Twenty20 World Cup to leave all options open.
"I am now clear that I should take more time to complete my recovery," he said.Trescothick, who was dismissed for 18 while batting for Somerset against Derbyshire on Wednesday, has twice had to leave England tours because of his illness, most recently ahead of the Ashes series in Australia last winter.
And the selectors and management team are prepared to give him as much time as he needs to recover, even though he will not be available now until next summer at the earliest.
"The selectors have been acutely conscious that it would be counter-productive to try to rush Marcus back into international action before he was ready.
"We appreciate the fact that Marcus has alerted us at the earliest opportunity of his decision which will avoid there being any disruption to the team's one-day planning processes," said chairman of selectors David Graveney.
"Marcus has proved himself to be a very special talent on the international stage and we look forward to his making himself available again for England when the time is right and to his pushing his case for selection through his performances for Somerset."
Trescothick has played 76 Tests and 123 one-day internationals since making his debut seven years ago, and scored more than 10,000 runs.
His illness first manifested itself in India last year, and he later opted not to return to the sub-continent for the ICC Champions Trophy.
The selectors put their faith in his recovery by picking him for the tour to Australia but after playing in the opening two matches, he flew home before the Test series got under way.
Despite the emergence of Alastair Cook, however, Trescothick is still seen as a key member of the national team in both forms of the game and although he will not be touring this winter, he made it clear: "I still have ambitions to play for England but I have to make sure I am 100% ready."
Somerset director of cricket Brian Rose, a former England batsman, said Trescothick had made "terrific progress" with them this summer.
But he added: "His longer team future remains the primary concern for us all.
"He is still relatively young for an international batsman and we believe that he has many more years playing at club and international level." England's final squad for the ICC World Twenty20 has to be named by 11 August.
Back to top Go down

Trescothick Out of England Tours!
Page 1 of 1