Pak World - The Home of Online Pakistani Entertainment!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lawson Plans To Take Tips From Chappell

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Lawson Plans To Take Tips From Chappell Empty
PostSubject: Lawson Plans To Take Tips From Chappell   Lawson Plans To Take Tips From Chappell Default12Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:44 am

Rating the high-voltage India-Pakistan cricket rivalry as "10 Ashes series wrapped in one", Pakistan's new coach Geoff Lawson has said he planned to call up compatriot Greg Chappell to know about the pitfalls of coaching in the sub-continent.

The former fast bowler of Australia said his first major test at the helm of Pakistan will be the tour of India in November-December this year.

"The biggest series of the decade happens in India. Australia might be number one and to beat them would be fantastic, but to beat India in India, it's about 10 Ashes series wrapped in one. It's like another war over there," he said.

"I think the Indian experience is a little different to Pakistan, but I've got Greg on my list to call," Lawson was quoted as saying by The Sunday Telegraph.

Lawson said he had no fear of failure and, asked how he would feel to see his effigy burned by Pakistan fans, he replied, "It's neither here nor there to me. It's never been done before, I suppose, there's a first time for everything.

"The fans of the sub-continent tend to be in fifth gear or reverse. You've got to accept that's the way they are. In the end, we're all playing a game. I suppose when you talk about burning effigies, the next step is security."

Lawson arrives in Pakistan on August 22 but will take the team to Kenya as a warm-up for the inaugural Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa from September 11.

He admitted he once had an ambition to be Australia coach, but he plans to transform Pakistan into the No.1 Test nation. "Coaching Australia I don't think is all that big a challenge, but coaching Pakistan certainly is," Lawson said.
Back to top Go down

Lawson Plans To Take Tips From Chappell
Page 1 of 1