Pak World - The Home of Online Pakistani Entertainment!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

India Failed To Produce A Performing Unit - Kapil Dev

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2007-07-03

India Failed To Produce A Performing Unit - Kapil Dev Empty
PostSubject: India Failed To Produce A Performing Unit - Kapil Dev   India Failed To Produce A Performing Unit - Kapil Dev Default12Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:51 pm

Former captain Kapil Dev on Friday lamented that though India has produced individual stars like Sunil Gavaskar, it never produced a team which could perform as a unit.

"India has produced great cricketers during the past 75 years but we always lack one thing.... as a team we have not performed well," Kapil said.

"I know that we have produced greatest players like Sunil Gavaskar, but he was an individual player. We have produced great players, but we have not produced a great team who could play as a unit. This is what disturbs me," he said on the sidelines of a function here.

India's lone World cup winning captain said he hoped to work for the betterment of cricket even while anticipating "problems and hurdles" in his new assignment with Indian Cricket League (ICL).

"We will have problems in our way. We will have hurdles, but we know how to swim. We will sail. Do not worry," he said.

On his aligning with ICL, he said was working for the betterment of the game in the country.

"It is a new beginning and (a) totally different (one). I am grateful to my colleagues who have joined the league. We can do something for the betterment of cricket".

"We are not trying to distract cricket and not trying to fight with anybody," he said.

He emphasised on the need to train budding cricketers. "They should start learning from schools and colleges, and that is where we will work very hard."

Replying to a query whether infrastructure like grounds would be a problem for ICL, Kapil could not provide a satisfactory answer.

"We will play in villages. A determined mind is required. Place is not a problem. We can play anywhere in schools and colleges. As long as we are determined to do, I do not think anybody can stop that. If somebody wants to put some hurdles... fine," he said.
Back to top Go down

India Failed To Produce A Performing Unit - Kapil Dev
Page 1 of 1