Pak World - The Home of Online Pakistani Entertainment!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Malik delighted by Akhtars return

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Malik delighted by Akhtars return Empty
PostSubject: Malik delighted by Akhtars return   Malik delighted by Akhtars return Default12Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:27 am

Pakistan captain Shoaib Malik is looking forward to welcoming paceman Shoaib Akhtar back for the one-day series against Scotland and India.
Shoaib, now 31, has been beset by injuries for several years and missed the World Cup because of knee problems.
He played the last of his 133 ODIs against England last September and was injured in his only Test of 2007.
"Akhtar is very vital for our team and bowled at full throttle in our two practice matches," Malik enthused.
Shoaib has taken 208 one-day wickets, with a best of 6-16 against New Zealand in 2002, and believes he is finally over his spate of fitness problems.
"I have attained full fitness and have bowled without any trouble in the camp," he said. "This is the best I have felt in my entire career."
Malik, who took over the captaincy from Inzamam-ul-Haq after the team's traumatic World Cup campaign during which coach Bob Woolmer died, denied suggestion that senior players were a disruptive influence.
The appointment of young batsman Salman Butt as a vice-captain was thought to have been badly received by some of the more experienced players.
"There has been a lot of talk about differences in the team but there is no credibility to this," Malik insisted. "I have the full backing of the seniors and there are no problems."
"Akhtar is a proven match-winner and his return has strengthened our bowling attack," the 25-year-old all-rounder said. "I am very hopeful he will give of his best against India and Scotland." Pakistan begin the triangular one-day series with a match against Scotland in Edinburgh on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
https://pakworld.forumotion.com

Malik delighted by Akhtars return
Page 1 of 1