Pak World - The Home of Online Pakistani Entertainment!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life Isn't Easy For Batsman in T20 - Shoaib Malik

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Life Isn't Easy For Batsman in T20 - Shoaib Malik Empty
PostSubject: Life Isn't Easy For Batsman in T20 - Shoaib Malik   Life Isn't Easy For Batsman in T20 - Shoaib Malik Default12Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:14 pm

Pakistan captain Shoaib Malik doesn’t agree with the general impression that batsmen would find life easier in Twenty20 cricket and believes that batters will have to give

an organised display if they want to shine in next month’s inaugural T20 World Cup in South Africa.

“What we have realised in our practice Twenty20 matches is that the batsmen have to work hard to get good scores.

“I mean, if people think that this version of the game is batsmen-friendly they should think again,” Malik told reporters here at the National Stadium on Thursday.

Malik said that a batsman will have to be well organised and should have a good game plan if he wants to be prolific in this shortest version of the international game.

“We’ve seen that one good spell by a bowler can be a fatal blow to a team’s chances in a Twenty20 match,” he said.

Malik and his teammates are currently involved in a series of practice T20 matches here in preparation for the September 11-24 T20 World Cup.

The skipper believes that Pakistan have made solid preparations for the T20 World Cup but is concerned over the fact that his team’s fielding is still not up to the mark.

“I agree that fielding is our weak link but we are working on it,” said Malik.

He said that Pakistan’s strong point is their bowling attack. “We have very good, match-winning bowlers and I’m confident that they would do well in South Africa,” he expressed.

The all-rounder rates Pakistan among the favourites for the T20 World Cup title alongside Australia, South Africa and New Zealand.

“There is no doubt that Australia are the world’s best team at the moment but I believe Pakistan can beat them provided we are able to bring an improvement in our fielding,” he concluded.
Back to top Go down

Life Isn't Easy For Batsman in T20 - Shoaib Malik
Page 1 of 1